We are pleased to announce that registrations for the 2023 Highschoolers’ Training are now open and we warmly invite the high school-aged students to register.
The Highschoolers’ Training is a time for many high school-aged students to come and enjoy a week of pursuing the Lord together at the New Zealand Training Centre.
Because this is a training and not a camp, there will be a higher standard so that all highschoolers get the most benefit out of this time. This will include:
- A stricter clothing standard (see details below)
- Marking for attendance to meetings and room cleaning with prizes awarded at the end of the week
- A time to study the Bible in groups
We believe that this will uplift the atmosphere of the training, but we would like to make sure that all highschoolers who attend are aware of this standard before they register.
Information about the National Highschoolers’ Training
Dates & Times
Begins with 6 p.m. dinner Monday 2 October (registration and arrival from 4:00 p.m. onwards) and concludes after lunch and clean-up at 1:30 p.m. Friday 6 October 2023.
New Zealand Training Centre, 33 Beale St, Hamilton, New Zealand
$100 per person. This fee has been subsidised.
Accommodation is provided by the Training Centre. The New Zealand Training Centre has limited bedding. Please bring your own pillow, fitted bedsheet and sleeping bag/duvet. We can provide bedding for those travelling from overseas.
What to bring
- Recovery Version Bible
- Pens and highlighters
- Personal toiletries
- Ear plugs (optional)
- Clothing, as per requirements on next page
- Pillow, fitted bedsheet, and sleeping bag or duvet (overseas exempt)
Mobile Devices and Tablets
We would like to have a week that is filled with the enjoyment of the Lord and is free from any distractions that our mobile phones and tablets bring us. If you bring a mobile phone or tablet to the training, we will ask you to hand it in at registration. Devices will be held in a secure location for the duration of the training and returned to you at the conclusion of the training. (This does not include basic watches and cameras).
Optional School Study Times
We will allocate a study slot each day that can be used to continue your school studies, should you wish to do this. You may bring your laptop for this purpose; however, to maintain a proper atmosphere in the training, laptops will also need to be handed in at registration. Your laptops will be made available to you each day during the study slots.
The clothing standards of a Highschoolers’ Training are different from that of a highschoolers’ camp. Please read carefully below so you are familiar with these standards before you decide to register for the training.
General dress guidelines
- Keep clothing neat, clean, and (meeting clothing) ironed
- No tears, holes, loose threads, missing buttons, etc.
- Not sheer, form-fitting, or revealing. No sleeveless tops, exposed shoulders, or tank tops.
- No secular wording, pictures, or designs. Small clothing labels are acceptable.
- Pyjamas are not to be worn outside of the dormitory areas.
- Shoes must remain on during meetings to take care of the atmosphere.
Meeting dress standard for brothers
- Collared shirt
- Plain full-length pants: black, blue, or brown
- Belt: black, blue, or brown
- Socks to match attire
- Shoes: black or brown, covering the foot and toes, clean and in tidy condition
Meeting dress standard for sisters
- Long dress or modest skirt that covers the knees when sitting
- Blouse/top that is modest, not sheer or tight fitting, with covered shoulders
Dress standard for rest and exercise
- Clothing and shoes suitable for sporting activities which keep the General dress guidelines.
These clothing standards are to help us flee youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Before coming to each meeting or activity, check with the Lord how He feels about your attire, for the sake of the other brothers and sisters, and follow His leading to make any adjustments.
Guidelines and Expectations
We ask that you please:
- Come prepared to participate in all the meetings and activities of the training.
- Dress appropriately, as per our clothing standards. Please check with a serving one if you are unsure about this.
- Stay within the boundaries of the NZTC unless you are permitted to leave by a serving one or are going out to an activity.
- Treat all the serving ones and other participants with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Sleep only in the room and bed assigned to you.
- Go to bed at the appointed time and rise at the appointed time.
- Speak positively and have a positive attitude.
- Hand in any devices: laptops, tablets, phones etc. upon arrival
- Listen to, and read, only material related to the content and themes of the training.
- Remember, this is a chewing gum-free, smoke-free, vape-free environment.
We are unable to meet dietary requests. If this would keep you from coming to the training, please fellowship with your local serving ones about this.
Registration is via the form below. Registration closes Wednesday 27 September.
For further information concerning the Highschoolers’ Training, please send an email to email@example.com