It is by the mercy of God and through the work of the Holy Spirit that you could consecrate yourself to be a full-time trainee, choosing to give all your time to the pursuit of the truth and the service of the church. This is a serious decision. At the same time it is a most glorious choice.
To apply for the Full-Time Training in Hamilton:
- Thoroughly review the information on this website.
- Print and complete the form: FTT Enrolment Form 2018
- As required on the form, you will need to fellowship with the elders in your locality for their recommendation.
- Email or post the form to the New Zealand Training Centre.
If you are looking to apply for the short-term training, please see the Short-Term Training page.
In addition to the above steps, once you have received our letter of acceptance, you will need to:
- Pay your fees for one year
- Apply for a Fee Paying Student Visa through Immigration New Zealand. Their criteria include:
- Offer of a Place letter from the NZTC
- Official receipt for payment of course fees
- Evidence of sufficient funds - You must have enough money to live on while you are in NZ.
- Health requirements - Depending on where you are coming from, you may need to meet some health checks.
- Student insurance - You must have full medical and travel insurance for the length of your stay.
International students enrolling for the Full-Time Training are required to have proficiency in English (this is a government requirement). Accepted English proficiency outcomes:
- IELTS: Academic score of 5.5 with no band lower than 5.
- Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE) or;
- Internet-based test (iBT) score of 46 (with a writing score of 20).
- Cambridge English Examinations: FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill OET at Grade C in all sub-tests.